The Addams Family
Dates: September 5th, September 7th
Callbacks: September 8th
Times: 6:30 pm to 9 pm
Location: Dulles State Office Building Auditorium
The Addamses have lived by their unique values for hundreds of years and Gomez and Morticia, the patriarch and matriarch of the clan, would be only too happy to continue living that way. Their dark, macabre, beloved daughter Wednesday, however, is now an eighteen year-old young woman who is ready for a life of her own.
She has fallen in love with Lucas Beineke, a sweet, smart boy from a normal, respectable Ohio family — the most un-Addams sounding person one could be! And to make matters worse, she has invited the Beinekes to their home for dinner. In one fateful, hilarious night, secrets are disclosed, relationships are tested, and the Addams family must face up to the one horrible thing they’ve managed to avoid for generations: change.
- Prepare 16 bars of a song (not from the show that you are auditioning for) that showcases your voice well
- Make sure your sheet music is prepared and marked for the accompanist
- Dress in clothing appropriate for performing some basic moves
- You only need to attend one audition session, unless you are also invited to a Call Back for more intense work with the director
- Bring a headshot if you have one - you will not have your photo returned to you
- Download, print and fill out your paperwork ahead of time to bring to auditions - avoid delays!
- Bring an acting resume if you have one; this is not required, but it will save you paperwork time
- Be prepared to notate ALL of your calendar conflicts for the entire rehearsal/performance schedule, including specific dates and times
- Be prepared to read from the script; the script will be provided for you
* Check the audition information for specific requirements as they are different for each production *
Audition Tips (PDF)